Sunday, August 1, 2010

The First Thing You See

Exploration #5

Start a collection based on the first found object you see on your walk, whatever that is.  You decide what the connection between the object is (can be based on shape, color, size, etc.)

I was disappointed that the first object I saw was a dark, broken, paperclip ... and decided to instead wait until I found the next object (which I hoped would be more glamourous) ... only, my next found object was a bunch of flattened wires, resembling a witch or witch's hair, so I took it as a sign my collection would be wires :)

Laura love helped me out (during our PhotoWalk outing) by finding the bouquet of wires wrapped in yellow, as well as the long wire that I coiled up for the photo.

Wires have never been my thing, but who knows?  An interesting array of them (possibly put together as a wire sculpture) would make for a great conversation piece. ☺


2 comments:

  1. I happen to like your collection of wire. I use to bother the phone repair man when he was working in our neighborhood. He would give me bundles of scrap wire and I would twist them into colorful little dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kym! Awwwww ... Somehow I could see you bugging the phone repair man and him giving you wires. :)

    How cool that you twisted them into an artful doll. You've always had amazing ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete